Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Why I Am Always Asking, "WHY?".

“…I am not ashamed to learn, and I ask and inquire, and am very grateful to those who answer me, and never fail to give them my grateful thanks….”

- Plato, Lesser Hippias


I have no shame in admitting fault or being wrong and when I ask why, it is because I truly want to understand. I do not do it for ammunition or for a way to torture myself. I ask for knowledge and the hope of understanding people in the deepest way possible. I ask so that I can step into others shoes and view things in a new way. I ask so that I can forgive or learn or move on or expand my ability to comprehend and empathize. This is 'why' I ask why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak... please! And thank you! I am still waiting for a comment. Anyone?? Crickets... figures.