Friday, October 25, 2013

Shirley Valentine- An All-Time Favorite Movie

"I've fallen in love with the idea of living. Because we don't do what we want to do, do we? We do what we have to do and pretend that it's what we want to do. 

And what I want is to stay here and be Shirley Valentine. "

"I've led such a little life. And even that will be over pretty soon. 
I have allowed myself to lead this little life, when inside me there was so much more. And it's all gone unused. And now it never will be. 
Why do we get all this life if we don't ever use it? Why do we get all these feelings and dreams and hopes if we don't ever use them? That's where Shirley Valentine disappeared to. She got lost in all this unused life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak... please! And thank you! I am still waiting for a comment. Anyone?? Crickets... figures.