Saturday, January 17, 2015

This is the shit they give you when you are hungry and poor from the 'food bank' where I live. Death in a Box.

THIS IS ALL THE FOOD I HAVE UNTIL MID MARCH SO I WENT TO THE FOOD BANK....

ALL THE PHOTOS BELOW ARE OF THE ITEMS I RECEIVED.
I know people don't grasp what I am saying anymore. I get that they think I exaggerate even with proof. I may even sound ungrateful in this post but when this is what I have to survive until mid MARCH because the school is only going to give me aid for part of my classes and the entire check I have been waiting for, thinking I could finally get some food with, is suddenly not even going to cover the required books; I too might be disappointed when I get a food box like this. I mean week old expired food is rather crass but I forget how non-human the needy become or how people expect jubilation for the most minute acts of acknowledgement or aid. I remember so much from being homeless but I forgot about this tid-bit of the poor's struggle. This 'be thankful' to the point of nausea no matter how degrading it may be. Be jubilant even if they bounced the carrot in front of your face for ages before deciding you were either worthy and they followed through finally or you are not worthy and they just dicked out when they got bored of the game. There is so much people will never understand about poverty until they are forced into it.

This is YOGURT. It expired 7 days ago and wasn't even cold when I got it.

That say January 02. 2015 so over 2 weeks past expiration.




NOVEMBER of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak... please! And thank you! I am still waiting for a comment. Anyone?? Crickets... figures.