Sunday, February 23, 2014

PREACH. Word of the day.

If I had a soapbox and a mic or megaphone I'd be shaking shit up today. Oh yes. I am in a loud and proud preach it mood today... so maybe don't fuck with me, k?


R and I and B and I used to pass long intricate notes with drawings included. They were way more than 128 characters. I still have them. They are some of the best things from the past that I still have. Good times and good memories of a time long gone. So sad that new generations are missing out on so many great ways of interacting. The human factor is disappearing in communication.
I'd like to see a cultures class based on specific decades. One where the entirety of the course is based on exactly how it was and acted out in the same manner. Even a change in clothing. I'd take an 80's one in a heartbeat. Imagine boomboxes, and cassette tapes, pencils and Trapper Keepers. Hair gel and hand written notes. Reading books and writing with the pencils on lined paper. LOL. Eating deep fried burritos for lunch and a cup of fries while drinking a Big Gulp... sigh.

Riverside and the Homeless Issue Article
~
I believe many don't accept the help because they know that much of it does come down to money and that getting the hopes up of a person whose life is this low and then halting progress based on money or some other new requirement that they can't provide, therefore pushing them back into this dark life is cruel. Most would prefer to just stay where they are rather than falsely getting their hopes up again, just to have them cut back down. The system is not set up for success, but failure.
~
SOME ASSWIPES ATTEMPT TO TWIST MY WORDS:
~
So your basic premise is why try because they are hopeless? My goodness, you are a downer aren't you. Everything seems negative to you.
~
MY REPLIES TO ASSWIPE:
~
What do I have to do with THEIR reasons? I was defending why THEY might be choosing to not accept help offered. SO tell Mr. 'Man'... what the hell do YOU know about being homeless? Enlighten me.
~
And you may want to think twice before twisting peoples words.
~
And if being a realist is negative to you then let me thank you for perpetuating the shit we find this country in today, since fallacy and ego and the twisting of truths and lies seems to be the new way. AND... IF YOU READ WHAT I ORIGINALLY WROTE and have the power of basic comprehension you would realize that I implied this 'idea' or 'reason' based on most homeless have already attempted working the system to better their situation. AND in fact, most people start trying to prevent becoming homeless first, yet find that the red tape and real access is impossible to penetrate. Even the people listed to contact in this story for help are bogus, since I know for a fact that they DO NOT reply to email inquiries asking for information and/or help... BEEN THERE TRIED THAT.
~
I'M STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY...
Still waiting and it's been over a week I believe. I win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak... please! And thank you! I am still waiting for a comment. Anyone?? Crickets... figures.