Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Punk Dads Today... Love It. The Other F Word

The Other F Word- Punk Dads Today... Love It.

If you ever feel the need to see real parents in action take 90 minutes or so and watch The Other F Word. Make sure you stick around for the second half. This is where they get past the music and touch base with the emotions of what many punks, myself included, 'found' in the punk scene and why we needed it. It also shows how all that pain and anger equated to some of the very best in parental examples. Not everyone who came from shit parents chose to be shit parents. Far too many of my generations parents checked out and used their own upbringings as excuses for their shit. In reality, they made a fucking choice. My generation shows, in this film at least, just how many of us stayed in touch with our inner child and chose to be everything we always wished we had had, and how hard we work for our children in all aspects and why. I'm proud to be a part of this fine group and for the second time in my life, punk has proven to show me that I am not alone or the freak society makes me think I am... FUCK YEAH! PUNKS NOT DEAD!! OI!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak... please! And thank you! I am still waiting for a comment. Anyone?? Crickets... figures.